Slide Show

Monday, December 7, 2015

Harry Potter: The beginning (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)




It took me a while, but I finally read a Harry Potter book! If you'd asked me two years ago, I would have said that there is no way I'm reading those books, just because I loved the movies and I didn't want to ruin those beautiful feelings.

Yep, I didn't read the books on time and then I was convinced that it would be a mistake to read them. Who does really want to ruin story like that one, huh? Even if it was a story learned through a series of movies.

But then I had a change of heart.


To my surprise I was thrilled while reading the book, even if I knew the story. I felt like a kid again, exploring the magical world of wizards and witches! I traveled along with Harry in the Diagon Alley, I watched as he found his wand and met friends who helped him defeat lord Voldemort.

I was there when Hermione ran through the crowd to stop Snape because she thought he was trying to kill Harry and of course I was there when Harry fought and almost die in order to save her from monster in the ladies room.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I come to realize that reading the Harry Potter book can never be a wrong choice. So if you, like me, haven't read this series yet, do it. Let's feel like kids again, shall we?

Enjoy the quotes:

"To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever."


"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."


"The truth it is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution."

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great?!?! I am so glad you read it. It's a series I've both read and watched about 50 times LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And I can't wait to read the rest of the books! I'm into Harry Potter mood!

      Delete