Slide Show

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Think Out Loud: Pop the Bubble



This is Think out Loud. It’s a weekly meme created to help bloggers break out from the blogging bubble. The rules are simple. We post whatever we want and let people know what’s in our mind. Visit the creator on Thinks Books and join too. It’s so cool to share your random thoughts.


Have you ever felt like you’re living in a bubble? Not a pretty one, neither a nasty one. It doesn’t matter how your bubble is or how it looks like. It’s just your own personal bubble and you’ve been living inside it for so freaking long that it’s a part of you now. You created it, you nurtured it and you closed yourself in there. Like invisible walls, limiting your potentials.  

Sometimes I feel like my bubble needs to pop and I can almost hear the loud bang and feel the freedom of relief. Sometimes the bubble is suffocating me and even if I know it’s up to me to pop it, it always feel like an unbearable task.

I feel the bubble shrinking around me when I’m stressed or when I’m being pessimistic and pessimism is not a good ally. But it’s all in the game we call life, and the sad moments makes the happier ones even brighter in our eyes.

In the prospect of a good event I tend to count the bad scenarios maybe because I’m a hard judge or maybe I unconsciously think that this is how I protect myself. By making the bubble stronger, minimizing the possibility of disappointment.

Well this is wrong.

Popping the bubble sometimes is what we need to get our feet moving, overcoming the walls we build and give ourselves a fair chance of fighting. Win or lose is important but even if we fall we may land on our feet. Not in the bubble. Because even if we don’t pop it now, the day will come that it will disappear and the fall will be far more hurtful.


So take a pin and pop that freaking bubble!

2 comments:

  1. I know I've popped my bubble, well not like in an explosive way but maybe nipped a whole in it. It's still here around me but it is shrinking as I make my way on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Ki! I feel like I'm popping my bubble and then I'm creating a new and smaller one. So it's shrinking. :)

      Delete